National Quarterly Pulse Survey (NQPS)
The National Quarterly Pulse Survey (NQPS, sometimes referred to as the People Pulse) replaces the NHS Staff FFT and runs in all NHS trusts which provide acute, community, ambulance, and mental health services in England. Organisations are required to collect data in Quarter 1 (April), 2 (July), and 4 (January) – there is no requirement to collect data during Quarter 3 (October) when the annual NHS Staff Survey is undertaken.
At Picker, we worked with over 50 NHS Trusts on their Staff FFT and are experts in the field of measuring staff experience. Notably, we are the Coordination Centre for the NHS Staff Survey and work with over 150 NHS organisations as their contractor of choice.
Not only can we support you in meeting the requirements of the NQPS, but we can also advise you on additional questions to measure key areas of focus for your organisation.
How we can help
Our package includes:
- Expert advice on tailoring the programme to meet the requirements and your organisational priorities.
- Digital administration through a secure survey platform, ensuring data integrity.
- Access to in-field response rates and survey results updated daily on the dashboard.
- Personal invitation and reminder emails to all staff.
- Up to eight localities and up to 20 local questions.
- Ability to set up automated cuts of the Picker results dashboard for colleagues.
- A free delegate pass to the Picker NHS Staff Survey workshop (depending on your package specifications), where you can learn best practice from peers.
Our service will ensure all these organisations can:
- Meet the latest guidance and continue to collect colleague experience in a robust and reliable way.
- Benchmark the core evaluation areas set out by NHSEI both internally and externally.
- Continue to include bespoke evaluations as part of their quarterly programme.