NHS Staff Survey
The annual NHS Staff Survey is the largest workforce survey in the world. It receives over 600,000 responses each year, making NHS Staff Survey results the most reliable measure of the views of the NHS workforce. The survey is owned by NHS England, with the Staff Survey Coordination Centre based at Picker since 2011.
Picker is the only approved contractor on the Health Systems Support Framework (HSSF) who actively provide NHS Staff Survey services. In 2020, 52% of all respondents were surveyed by Picker.
New three-year joint deal with our NHS Staff Survey and NQPS packages
Sign up with us for your NHS Staff Survey and NQPS for three years and receive up to 15% off your usual price*.
Not only is there a price benefit, but our joint offer enables you to track your staff engagement score and local questions (where they are the same across the programmes) on our dashboard each quarter, including when the NHS Staff Survey runs. This feature provides continuous feedback on the success of your improvement programmes.
How we can help
NHS Staff Survey 2021
- We are still able to provide reporting for the NHS Staff Survey 2021, even if your organisation did not work with us.
- Join our online collaboration event to learn more about the 2021 results. We’ll discuss opportunities and concerns, and prepare for the 2022 survey.
NHS Staff Survey 2022
Our package includes:
Expert project management support from the team at Picker
- Throughout the survey: our team will work with you utilising a Lean Six Sigma approach to efficiently run your survey.
- Before the survey: receive our welcome pack, sampling guidance, online questionnaires emailed directly to staff (print option available), and associated marketing materials.
- During the survey: provision of an email and telephone helpdesk for staff to contact for assistance, daily updates to response rates published via our online results site, further email reminders and administration of prize draws to encourage survey completion.
- After the survey: submission of data to NHSEI’s Survey Coordination Centre, reporting and analysis, including an invitation to our national insight and improvement workshops.
Data analysis and reporting
- We provide easy to read reports containing visual representations of key strengths and problem areas.
- Our reporting includes an overall management report as well as multiple breakdowns of both quantitative and qualitative survey results. These include:
- An executive summary.
- League tables comparing your organisation against the average of other similar organisations.
- External benchmarking in comparison to other similar organisations.
- Historical data to help your organisation measure performance over time.
- Internal benchmarking of sites within your organisation.
- Sub-organisational and demographic breakdowns of survey results.
- Organisational specific question breakdowns.
- Results poster to promote your organisation’s performance.
- Demographic breakdowns of survey results.
We can add additional questions specific to your organisation’s interests, e.g. considering the impact of Covid-19 or how a new workforce engagement strategy has been received or understood.
National insight and improvement workshops
Receive two complimentary delegate passes to our unique national workshops. These events are highly valued by attendees with over 97% recommending attendance. Participate in shared learning sessions with peers from other organisations and understand national trends.
In addition to this, we are able to offer a deeper dive into staff experiences using thematic reviews, free-text sentiment analysis and bespoke research and consultancy.
To discuss ways in which we can help you, please call Jagdip Sidhu on 01865 208164 or email email@example.com.
*If you are already in contract with us on either programme, we will update your contract accordingly with the new deal. Please do get in contact if you have any queries about this.