NHS Staff Survey
The annual NHS Staff Survey is one of the largest workforce surveys in the world. It receives over 600,000 responses each year, making NHS Staff Survey results the most reliable measure of the views of the NHS workforce. The survey is owned by NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSEI) and the Staff Survey Coordination Centre has been based at Picker since 2011.
Picker is the only approved contractor on the Health Systems Support Framework (HSSF) who actively provide NHS Staff Survey services. In 2020, 52% of all respondents were surveyed by Picker.
How we can help
Our package includes:
Expert project management support from the team at Picker
- Throughout the survey: our team will work with you utilising a Lean Six Sigma approach to efficiently run your survey.
- Before the survey: receive our welcome pack, sampling guidance, online questionnaires emailed directly to staff (print option available), and associated marketing materials.
- During the survey: provision of an email and telephone helpdesk for staff to contact for assistance, daily updates to response rates published via our online results site, further email reminders and administration of prize draws to encourage survey completion.
- After the survey: submission of data to NHSEI’s Survey Coordination Centre, reporting and analysis, including invitation to our national insight and improvement workshops.
Data analysis and reporting
- We provide easy to read reports containing visual representations of key strengths and problem areas.
- Our reporting includes an overall management report as well as multiple breakdowns of both quantitative and qualitative survey results. These include:
- An executive summary.
- League tables comparing your organisation against the average of other similar organisations.
- External benchmarking in comparison to other similar organisations.
- Historical data to help your organisation measure performance over time.
- Internal benchmarking of sites within your organisation.
- Sub-organisational and demographic breakdowns of survey results.
- Organisational specific question breakdowns.
- Results poster to promote your organisation’s performance.
- Demographic breakdowns of survey results.
We can add additional questions specific to your organisation’s interests, e.g. considering the impact of Covid-19 or how a new workforce engagement strategy has been received or understood.
National insight and improvement workshops
Receive two complimentary delegate passes to our unique national workshops. These events are highly valued by attendees with over 97% recommending attendance. Participate in shared learning sessions with peers from other organisations and understand national trends.
In addition to this, we are able to offer a deeper dive into staff experiences using thematic reviews, free-text sentiment analysis and bespoke research and consultancy.