Information Sheet: Q Member Interviews
Project title: Independent Evaluation of Q
Lead researcher: Molly Blackwell
What are we doing?
On behalf of the Health Foundation, Picker is conducting a two-year Independent Evaluation of Q, in partnership with ResPeo and Healthcare Priority Solutions (HPS). The purpose of this evaluation is to provide insight to Q on how their activities are currently creating impact, ultimately informing Q’s future strategic development decisions.
To date, we have interviewed internal Q stakeholders, conducted two workshops, and have launched the first of two member surveys. The next step is to interview members of the Q community to hear directly about the impact of Q membership at a personal level, as well as on wider networks and within the organisation/context within which the members work (if applicable).
The main themes that will be covered during the interview are:
- Expectations for Q and motivations for joining
- How members have interacted with Q
- The perceived impact of Q at individual, organisational and system level
- Members perspective on what Q could do in the future to increase impact
Held remotely via Microsoft Teams, the interviews will take approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour.
Do I have to take part?
- No – participation is voluntary, it is up to you whether or not you take part.
- You can decide not to take part or withdraw at any time – even after the interview has started, without giving a reason
Would my participation in this study be kept confidential?
- Yes – what you say will be kept entirely confidential.
- No identifying information (such as your name or workplace) will be shared with anyone other than the independent evaluation team led by Picker.
- We will only ever share your views anonymously, therefore any quotes used in resulting reports back to The Health Foundation will be non-attributable.
- We ask for consent to record the interview for transcription purposes. Given the nature of the recording functionality on Microsoft Teams, if you do not consent to be video recorded, but are happy to have the audio recorded, we will ask that you switch your camera off for the interview.
- You will be asked to sign and complete a consent form that will be used only by researchers to confirm and record that you have agreed to take part.
- Your personal information will not be shared with anyone unless required by law, where there is a clear overriding public interest, or if something you say indicates that you or anyone else is at risk of immediate harm.
What will happen to the information that I share?
- The information that you share during the interview will be used by Picker and our research partners, ResPeo and HPS, as a source of insight within the Evaluation and will directly support the findings of the Evaluation.
Picker complies with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the Market Research Society’s (MRS) Code of Conduct, and maintains certifications from the International Standardisation of Organisations. Our partners for this project, ResPeo and HPS, also conform to the same standards of data protection as Picker. Sensitive or confidential material is stored securely in line with our data protection policy.
Your personal details (name and contact information), as well as the interview recording, will be kept securely and destroyed on completion of the evaluation project.
How can I take part?
If you would like further information on the project, please contact Molly Blackwell, Senior Research Associate at Picker, by either email or telephone:
- +44 (0)1865 208111
We hope to be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest in participating. However, given a limited number of interviews, if we are unable to speak to everyone, there will be plenty of other opportunities to contribute to future stages of the evaluation.
Additional contact details
If you would like to offer feedback or raise any concerns you might have following your interview, please contact Amy Tallett, Head of Research at Picker, by either phone or email:
- +44 (0)1865 208115