This CQC maternity survey plays a vital role in understanding the experiences of women who use maternity services. The data from this annual survey is used to inform the CQC’s trust ratings and highlight risk areas which may need attention – essential to providing high-quality care. For the CQC Maternity Survey 2019, we worked with over 60 NHS trusts – over half of those who take part.
In addition to our approved contractor status, we ran the survey in 2020, leaving us excellently placed to consider trends through the Covid-19 pandemic. From 2021, the survey introduced a mixed-mode approach (digital and print) to collect its 15,000 responses.
How we can help
Our package includes:
Expert project management support from the team at Picker
- Throughout the survey: our team will work with you, utilising a Lean Six Sigma approach to efficiently run your survey.
- Before the survey: receive our welcome pack, including guidance on sample drawing and submission, an invite to our webinar and access to our bespoke sample verification platform; allowing quick and accurate submission.
- During the survey: provision of an email and telephone helpdesk for patients to contact for assistance and submission of weekly fieldwork reports to CQC on your organisation’s behalf.
- After the survey: submission of data to CQC’s Coordination Centre, reporting and analysis, including an invitation to our national insight and improvement workshops.
Data analysis and reporting
- We provide easy to read reports containing visual representations of key strengths and problem areas.
- Our reporting includes an overall management report as well as multiple breakdowns of both quantitative and qualitative survey results. These include:
- An executive summary.
- Improvement maps, correlating results with what matters most to overall patient experience.
- League tables comparing your organisation against the average of other similar organisations.
- External benchmarking in comparison to other similar organisations.
- Historical data to help your organisation measure performance over time.
- Internal benchmarking of sites within your organisation.
- Results poster to promote your organisation’s performance.
- Demographic breakdowns of survey results.
- Organisation specific breakdowns of survey results.
- Presentation and improvement workshops of your organisation’s results are also available.
National insight and improvement workshops
Receive two complimentary delegate passes to our unique national workshops. These events are highly valued by attendees with over 97% recommending attendance. Participate in action planning sessions with peers from other trusts, share best practice, and understand national trends.
In addition to this, we are able to offer a deeper dive into patient experiences using thematic reviews, free-text sentiment analysis and bespoke research and consultancy.