Adult Inpatient Survey
We are a CQC approved contractor for the Adult Inpatient Survey, which has run annually since 2004. The survey considers the experiences of adults that have been an inpatient at an NHS hospital and it receives over 70,000 responses each year. Picker works with over 50% of all organisations that take part in this survey. From 2020, the Adult Inpatient Survey introduced a mixed-mode approach (digital and print).
How we can help
Our package includes:
Expert project management support from the team at Picker
- Throughout the survey: our team will work with you, utilising a Lean Six Sigma approach to efficiently run your survey.
- Before the survey: receive our welcome pack, including guidance on sample drawing and submission, an invite to our webinar and access to our bespoke sample verification platform allowing quick and accurate submission.
- During the survey: provision of an email and telephone helpdesk for patients to contact for assistance and submission of weekly fieldwork reports to CQC on your organisation’s behalf.
- After the survey: submission of data to CQC’s Coordination Centre, reporting and analysis, including an invitation to our national insight and improvement workshops.
Data analysis and reporting
- We provide easy-to-read reports containing visual representations of key strengths and problem areas.
- Our reporting includes an overall management report as well as multiple breakdowns of both quantitative and qualitative survey results. These include:
- An executive summary.
- Improvement maps, correlating results with what matters most to overall patient experience.
- League tables comparing your organisation against the average of other similar organisations.
- External benchmarking in comparison to other similar organisations.
- Historical data to help your organisation measure performance over time.
- Internal benchmarking of sites within your organisation.
- Results poster to promote your organisation’s performance.
- Demographic breakdowns of survey results.
- Organisation specific breakdowns of survey results.
- Presentation and improvement workshops of your organisation’s results are also available.
National insight and improvement workshops
Receive two complimentary delegate passes to our unique national workshops. These events are highly valued by attendees with over 97% recommending attendance. Participate in shared learning sessions with peers from other trusts and understand national trends.
In addition to this, we are able to offer a deeper dive into patient experiences using thematic reviews, free-text sentiment analysis and bespoke research and consultancy.