Liver Transplant Patient Experience Survey
In collaboration with the British Liver Transplant Group, British Liver Trust and UK liver transplant centres, Picker has developed and assessed the validity of a Patient Reported Experience Measure (PREM) to understand care experiences of adults receiving a liver transplant. The PREM is available to liver transplant centres to understand care experiences and identify areas for improving care locally and nationally.
The survey covers:
- Information about condition and treatment
- Communication and information about the transplant operation (before and after)
- Pain management
- Interactions with hospital staff
- Follow-up care and ongoing support
- Impact of liver condition on day-to-day activities
The Patient-Reported Experience Measure (PREM) was cognitively tested before being piloted across seven transplant centres in the UK, achieving a response rate of 60% using a postal methodology with one to two reminders.