Children and Young People’s Patient Experience Survey
One of Picker’s specialist areas is research into children’s experiences of healthcare: we designed the first national survey of children and young people for the Healthcare Commission in 2004.
The Children and Young People’s Patient Experience Survey is a bi-annual national survey for children’s healthcare, developed by Picker and licensed to the CQC. It considers the experiences of children and young people, admitted to hospital as an inpatient or day case and receives over 25,000 responses.
We are a CQC approved contractor and work with over 50% of all organisations who take part in this survey.
How we can help
Our package includes:
Expert project management support from the team at Picker
- Throughout the survey: our team work with you, utilising a Lean Six Sigma approach, to efficiently run your survey.
- Before the survey: receive our welcome pack, including guidance on sample drawing and submission, an invitation to our webinar and access to our bespoke sample verification platform – allowing quick and accurate submission.
- During the survey: provision of an email and telephone helpdesk for patients to contact for assistance, and submission of weekly fieldwork reports to CQC on your organisation’s behalf.
- After the survey: submission of data to CQC’s Coordination Centre, reporting and analysis, including invitation to our national insight and improvement workshops.
Data analysis and reporting
- We provide easy-to-read reports containing visual representations of key strengths and problem areas.
- Our reporting includes an overall management report as well as multiple breakdowns of both quantitative and qualitative survey results. These include:
- An executive summary.
- Improvement maps, correlating results with what matters most to overall patient experience.
- League tables comparing your organisation against the average of other similar organisations.
- External benchmarking in comparison to other similar organisations.
- Historical data to help your organisation measure performance over time.
- Internal benchmarking of sites within your organisation.
- Results poster to promote your organisation’s performance.
- Demographic breakdowns of survey results.
- Organisation specific breakdowns of survey results.
- Presentation & improvement workshops of your organisation’s results are also available.
National insight and improvement workshops
Receive two complimentary delegate passes to our unique national workshops. These events are highly valued by attendees, with over 97% recommending attendance. Participate in action planning sessions with peers from other trusts, share best practice, and understand national trends.
In addition to this, we are able to offer a deeper dive into patient experiences using thematic reviews, free-text sentiment analysis and bespoke research and consultancy.